Sunday, May 9, 2010

Return of the Badass

Often times in life we have to take our fate into our own hands. Actually our fate is always in our own hands, we have to accept responsibility for it. I have spent the last year understanding that and embracing it.

During this time I have taken on more film roles and more producing jobs. Finally, I have written my own script called "Organ Donor" and will set about producing it in San Francisco the summer of 2011.

In order to pay for the production I have created a fundraiser that transforms me into a pin-up. The final product is a pin-up calendar for 2011, entitled what else? Badass Nika Brown. We finished all the photography last week and now I have to get them into a calendar layout and in the hands of hungry customers.

As luck would have it, when it rains it pours. I produced a short film called Veterans in January 2010. The film walked away with a Faculty Selects Award (Top 7 of 50), Best Female Director, and Best Cinematographer awards last week at the Columbia University Film Festival. The cast and crew is very excited and looking forward to a successful festival run for the 2011-2012 season.

All in all, it was a damn good week. I don't want to take over the world, just my little corner of it. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment